Sunday, November 11, 2012

All that Glitters is not Golden

On Saturday I conned convinced my friend Krystal to wake up at 5am and stand in like with me for the 29th Annual Glitter Sale, Seattle Goodwill's amazing annual event.  All year long they hold Designer items back and then put them all out for this 2 day sale.  We arrived at about 6:30 am and the line was already down the side of the building and around the corner.  After a quick run to Starbucks, we found out spot in line.  About 35 degrees but armed with hot coffee, we were prepared and ready to make some new line friends.
The line behind us
Coffee keeping myself & friend Krystal alert & warm

They handed out numbered Lanyards this year (286 for me & 287 for Krystal) which allowed us some time to dash back to the car and thaw our toes.  Nine am came and the doors opened.... and then we were in line again just to get back into the special Glitter Sale room. Once in, it was truly amazing to see such a frenzy from the 250+ women who had taken over the room ahead of us.  Keeping our strategy, we bee-lined for the purses - A day later and I'm finding a few bruises from the couple of careless elbows thrown in the sale induced haze.

So 4 1/2 hours total, after 3 trips through the vintage fur racks, about an hour at thejewelry counter, and more trips back through the purses than I care to count, this is my haul:
The Glitter Sale Haul
  • brand new Kenneth Cole leather briefcase for the bf (really brand new, the warranty & cardboard were still in it, and the strap was still in the plastic wrapper) $49.99
  • Vintage Bobby Jerome black glitch with gold hardware (the original mirror and comb are still in it, unbroken!) $6.99
  • Pearl & Gold ring $19.99
  • Coral & Gold bracelet $7.99 

 

I have had very few ultra-sale experiences that have exhausted me quite like that sale.  It was a great experience, we we both had a great time, but I'm not sure if the Glitter Sale will call my name for next year.  Unless a cold snap makes me think of those furs..... then I may be convinced a trip back is exactly in order.

Golden Feature:
In honor of the Glitter sale experience, I thought this would be a perfect suggestion for making sure NYE was a sparkling night.  The DKNY Sparkle Strap Watch is the perfect accessory when you want to stand out a bit.  I haven't seen it in person yet but what an eye catcher!

*The Golden Tidbits today are inspired by an important purchase I made this weekend; my very first brand new car!

Golden Tidbit: "Second Place is just the first place loser" - Dale Earnhardt

Bonus quote, for because I just can't help myself: "No, no, no. There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty, & expensive and cheerful." - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear




No comments:

Post a Comment