Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Reading

Have you guys seen the weather we've been having? These are the days and weeks that we wait through 9 months of rain for, and they are well worth the wait. We were lucky enough to spend some time on a friends boat yesterday, and it was pretty much perfect, like the rest of the week has been.

A word of advice; even if you think you've applied sunscreen everywhere make another pass.  I managed to get a little burn but it's a painful reminder of how sneaky summer can be.

I also enjoyed some vacation time this week which meant I finally got some good reading in.  I'm a huge bookworm but sometimes it doesn't feel like there's enough time to add a good book into everything else going on during a day.  Being able to just get lost in a good book is my idea of perfect relaxation.  I actually picked up on an old series this week that I had read literally years ago: the Ender Quintet.  I read Enders Game back when it first came out and it's as good now as it was back then.  I'm already half-way through book three, and always looking for more books to add to my summer reading list!

Golden Tidbit:

I'm a fan of owning pysical books, and would love to build a huge library some day.  In the meantime I'm pretty partial to this Gold Kindle.  From Amosu Coutore, it can be yours for only $1900!

Golden Quote: "The more that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment