Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gilded Entertaining

Spring is here and that means it's just about events season.  Graduation, weddings, engagements, etc. I'm lucky enough to be both attending and hosting a little of everything.  Thanks to Pinterest I get to have all kinds of ideas at my fingertips, so I thought I'd share some gold table top ideas with all of you.

Fill a tall clear glass vase or even wine glasses with gold wrapped candy (Rolo's pictured here, but any gold wrapped candy works) for an easy centerpiece.

Gold confetti can be used as a table runner (on white or black tablecloth) as a great accent; keep the the rest of the decor monochromatic for maximum impact!

Make a splash with this gorgeous gold pitcher, it could be a centerpiece in it's own! ($240 on Wantful)

Pair gold with pink and white and you'll get a pretty spring feel. Add some cream flowers and apricot tones and you've got the perfect brunch table.

Gold and white with ghost chairs keep the table elegant but still perfect for an everyday dinner party.

Black & gold makes a classic combo; a dessert table is featured here, but you could do the same for appetizers, presents or use it as a guest book table. (I would have done gold glitter balloons but that's just my preference)

Gold and crystal with white accents! I love how rich this feels, add a tall vase overflowing with baby's breath and you've got a finished look!

Golden Tidbit:

My friend Krystal singlehandedly reminds me of how awesome a hostess gift can be (see here for the what/why of a Hostess Gift).  For a recent event, she brought me the newest addition to the Kardashian Empire. Khroma is their new makeup line, and this primer gelee will "instantly smooth and add radiance" to your complexion.  Obviously, anything with gold in it I have to try, and I did actually notice a little glow pre-concealer application. This is best used for a summer look when a little shimmer is best and no concealer/powder is necessary.  Available locally at Fred Meyer and Bartells from $16-19

Golden Quote: "That's the secret of entertaining. You make your guests feel welcome and at home. If you do that honestly, the rest takes care of itself." - Barbara Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment