Sunday, January 13, 2013

Technology & Plumbing Collide

After 11 weeks, I am finally publishing my first plumbing related post.  I'm in the plumbing/construction industry so plumbing products hold an allure to me, which some people find strange. When going out to eat, I'll always be sure to note the toilet, sink and faucet in the restroom.  I will know if that kitchen faucet on Cribs really is top of the line or not. But most of all, as a semi-tech geek, I love when plumbing & tech collide.

This week I had the opportunity to use the Kohler Moxie Showerhead.  

The speaker in hand, charging port shown










It is essentially a bluetooth speaker in a showerhead. Music in your shower, streaming from your phone.  (This is the kind of innovation that really gets me excited about my industry!)

 Moxie was introduced in December and was actually on quite a few tech blog X-mas lists, but not yet having the opportunity to test it myself, I wasn't ready to put a recommendation out.  Function for me is huge, i.e. if the shower head can't get conditioner out of my hair, the head probably won't pass my test.  There needs to be force behind the water, not just good looking exterior design.  The Moxie is not the best spray I've experienced out of a Kohler head, but passes the test just fine.

The spray is only on the outside of the head since the speaker has to be placed in the middle. I'll allow a little leeway in function here to get to the point; it's a speaker in a showerhead. The speaker insert has a 7 hour battery life, is water resistant, is bluebooth enabled up to 32 ft away and can be used separately from the rest of the showerhead.  I've heard of waterproof speakers for a full sound system inside your shower, but the idea of literally combining the 2? True innovation.
 (Kohler, Retails for $199 - See video here)


Golden Tidbit:
Obviously you'll need some body wash to use with a new shower head, why not some infused with 24k gold? (Available at Bath & Body Works, on sale for $8.25 other scents also available)

Golden Quote: "Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dried off and does something about it who makes the difference." - Nolan Bushnell

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Plumber Glenwaverly

    ReplyDelete