Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jingle Bell Dashers

When it comes to charity, a 5k is a great excuse to get up early on a Sunday with a few close friends!  Up at 5am, we got to Dash with 12,000 Seattleites for the Jingle Bell Run  (Raising money to fight Arthritis, donations can be made Here)

Obligatory group shot
Pre 5k couple shot
If you've never done one of the bigger charity runs here in Seattle, I'd highly suggest it. Yes its crowded, and if you have to drive into Seattle, the parking may be a little tough, but man do participants go all out on the theme.  I saw at least 2 Grinches, more than a few Santas, elves, reindeer, even a Christmas Unicorn, a couple of wrapped presents, about 7 different versions of Christmas Trees and every other xmas light wrapped festive outfit you can think of. (And in case you were wondering, I was going for the Snowflake theme this year).  Just getting to the start line was a bit of a struggle, but after forming a train through the crowd with our team, we found a break in the fence and went for it!













If you are looking for a list of local 5k's you can find it here. Whether you are looking for a fun run or a race to set a PR, you'll find it there.  This was the first 5k I've done that wasn't to set a time and I had such a good time; kind of nice to just enjoy the fun.


Edit: If you bring an umbrella to a 5k in Seattle, I will call you out.  
Especially since it wasn't even raining.


Golden Feature:
Hanukkah started on Saturday and since the traditional colors are silve/white and blue it's actually been pretty hard for me to find anything gold.  (If you know where I can find a nice gold Menorah with clean modern lines that isn't post-modern, let me know) In the meantime, use this Golden Dreidel ($1.99 on Amazon.com) to win yourself some Gelt!

Golden Tidbit: "My Future starts when I wake up every morning...Every day I find something creative to do with my life" - Miles Davis






No comments:

Post a Comment