Sunday, October 13, 2013

Runners

I am constantly amazed and impressed with the people in my life.  Last year I ran my first Half Marathon thanks to my friend and SK sister Jenna, who inspired me by her own Marathon Journey.  Today, she ran the Chicago Marathon, her 2nd Marathon since setting out.  She also flew halfway around to do it, coming all the way from her new home in Australia. She was joined her running buddy Rich and they were able to cross the finish line together. Additionally (though they didn't know each other) my friend Krissy also ran the Chicago Marathon, her first Marathon.

Locally, my friend Matt ran his third Half Marathon today (the Biggest Loser Half in Seattle) and has a new PR of 2:21 (unofficial); I remember encouraging him to come and run his first 5k with me last year and I'm amazed at how much he has pushed since then.  His wife/my friend Becky also ran her first 5k today, the start of another runner, perhaps?

Congratulations to all of you, what amazing achievements!!!  Thank you for continuing to inspire me and all the others you have touched on your journeys!

Golden Tidbit:

Wings. For your shoes. Only $12.95 at Shwings.com


Golden Quote: "The thirst you feel in your throat and lungs will be gone minutes after the race is over.  The pain in your legs within days, but the glory of your finish will last forever." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment