Sunday, September 8, 2013

Seattle Wedding Expo

I promise that this blog won't turn into a wedding blog, though after two weeks of wedding related posts I can see how you might doubt me. Don't worry, I can't think wedding all the time. Today I dragged took my fiance to the Bride's Club Seattle Wedding Expo, which really served as his first exposure to wedding planning and everything that comes along with it.  He's a trooper.

When we walked in they asked if you were the bride or groom and then literally stuck identifying stickers on you so all the vendors know who to target; smart.  I actually think it was smart for us to go before picking a date, venue, anything, because you go in with an open mind.  That said, we're particular people and we could tell the vendors who just weren't going to mesh with us (I'm looking at you, 2 photographers with the urban vintage hipster booths). There were DJ's, event planners, photographers, caterers, venues, even a balloon guy!  And of course the requisite "If you sign the contract today, you get X % off the already special Wedding Expo price" and I saw a few brides who came prepared for that.  Again, smart.  All in all, while interesting, I guess I expected more booths, and more selections. But that's me, I like options.  Fiance, on the other hand, would like the one and be done.  This is what planning is all about.

There was a single Ice Sculpture guy (Ice Works NW), which I have to say was pretty cool, and probably why he ended up being the only photo I took while at the expo.

If you are a bride-to-be don't fret, there's another one in January. (click here) We also did the 2-for-1 deal so $15 for both tickets.

Golden Tidbit:

This is for the guys.  Inspired by the Tux places I saw at the expo, I know my male readers might need an addition to their wardrobes for that dressy occasion. Obviously a Gold Bow Tie is the way to go. After all, Bow Ties are cool. ($9.95 on Amazon)

Golden Quote: "Everyone has a plan - until they get punched in the face." Mike Tyson

3 comments:

  1. Still trying to figure out how your quote ties into weddings. Like the quote though! ~krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend took me to a bridal expo at Seattle Wedding venues. It was organized by her sister. She is a wedding planner and did a great job in making arrangements best there. I enjoyed a lot about knowing new things.

    ReplyDelete